Dr. Manuel J. Castillo Garzon is Professor and Chair of Medical Physiology (1996-tenure), Granada Faculty of Medicine; Director of laboratories and Research Group on Clinical and Exercise Physiology (EFFECTS 262 Research Group). URL: www.ugr.es/local/cts262; Scientific President Spanish Society for Anti-aging and Longevity Medicine; Consultant for Corporate Wellness and Health in several companies.
- MD (1978) and PhD (1985), University of Granada, Medical School.
- Board Chemical Pathology (1984) and Clinical Biochemistry (1988), Granada University Hospital.
- DU Endocrinologie, Nutrition, Dietetique. Service Médecine Interne, CHU Liège, Belgium
Lines of research interest: Nutrition, Metabolism (Plasma lipids, Diabetes, Obesity), Exercise Physiology, Anti-Aging Medicine, Telemedicine.
- Medical Director, Sotogrande Health Resort (2005-2010).
- Research associate and visiting professor (1992-1996) at the Division of Diabetes, Nutrition and Metabolic Disorders, Department of Medicine, CHU-Liège, Belgium and Recipient of Grant BMH1-CT94-6070 (Category 40: University Professors and Heads of Departments), E.U. Biomedical and Health Research Program.
- Assistant Professor of Medical Physiology (1985-1996) University of Granada.
- Senior Lecturer of Human Physiology (1983-1985) University of Granada.
- Research Fellow University of Liege-Medical School and University Hospital (1981-1983). FNFPI-Spain, Spanish Ministry of Health and Belgium Ministry of Education.
- Reader in Biochemistry and Physiology (1978-1983) Granada-Medical School.
- Research Fellow at the University of Granada-Medical School and Intern at the University Hospital (1978-1981). FNFPI-Spain and Spanish Ministry of Health.
- Principal Investigator for more than 30 peer-reviewed research projects funded by national and international public or private organizations.
- Stable research and academic collaboration with several centers in Spain, Europe and America.
- Supervisor of more than 40 national and international research fellows.
- Supervisor of over 30 Doctoral Thesis, 10 with European mention and Prizes
- Member of several Academic and Scientific Societies and Commissions.
- Author of over 300 Scientific Publications, most of them in international peer-review high-impact journawith ls, more than 20 book chapters. Co-author of book on Nutrition and Physical Training (3 editions in Spanish, 1 edition in Portuguese).
- Referee and member of Editorial Board of several national and international periodic publications.
- More than 300 Communications to National and International Meetings and Congresses.
- Invited speaker for more than 300 Lectures (half of them at international events).
- President or member of organizing or scientific committee of >30 national or international events.
- Bibliometric indicators:
- Thomson Reuters: Indice H 52. Mean cites/work 14,3. Cites: 12288 (last 5 years 8210)
- Google Scholar: H index 67 (last 5 year: 52). Index i10: 237 (las 5 years: 193).
- Ranking: Top 25 (de 1142) in UGR, Top 5 en Health Science, Top 3 in Faculty of Medicine.
Lines of clinical interest: Anti-Aging Medicine, Clinical Physiology, Exercise Physiology.
See Castillo MJ or Castillo-Garzon M in www.pubmed.com for scientific publications.
Faculty of Medicine, University of Granada, E-18071 Granada, Spain